ABOUT SANJIBHAI DELKAR
A man with fine personal qualities and high moral principles lead the revolution for the freedom of Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and got the deserved and awaited freedom from the Portuguese. This revolutionary was nominated as the 1st Member of Parliament of Dadra and Nagar Haveli by the 1st Prime Minister of India Shri. Jawaharlal Nehru for a period of 1961- 1965. He continued his efforts in imposing magnificent and was elected again to represent Dadra and Nagar Haveli to the Loksabha for the period from 1965-1971.The man with the most optimistic vision wanted to create a world of education where all the deserving students can be provided an opportunity to study upto her / his will, as he believed that education is the backbone for development of all kinds.
Shri Sanjibhai Rupjibhai Delkar possessed a very humble background belonging to the agriculturist family of the native of Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Basically D & N. H. being a tribal land, the concept of education is very recent one here. During the childhood of Shri Sanjibhai, education was an obliterate concept. But still he developed a strong sense of attachment t...Read More
The SSR Memorial Trust (SSRMT) was established and registered vide Document No: 1155/03, Registered under No. 106, at Page No.39, VOL – I of Book No. IV Dt: 17-07-2003.
It was a great visionary effort and thought of late Shri Sanjibhai to contribute to the society by providing opportunities for higher education to the students of this region. This thought led to the establishment of a self-financed charitable Trust “Shree Sanjibhai Rupjibhai (SSR) Memorial Trust” in 2003. The trust ventured into the field of Education to undertake the great task of setting up a chain of Institutions in order to provide better quality education to the students of this tribal region of Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Surroundings.
Dadra & Nagar Haveli, was a comparatively small growing place and a business hub, lacking quality educational institutions to cater to the urgent need of the local residents and industrial corridor. Shri Mohan S. Delkar understood the feelings of many concerned parents of Dadra & Nagar Haveli about the paucity of educational facilities and the need of the people to bridge the demand and supply mismatch for a higher Education Center.
Shri Mohan S. Delkar, a great visionary and true nationalist, translated his late fathers ideas and dreams of promoting higher education into reality. In no time, he has carved out a niche for himself as an educationist, who believes in the inculcation of values through education in the young gener...Read More
VISION AND MISSION
- We believe that you don't need to run to Metro cities to get the best education..
- We believe that the best Education can be brought to our local village.
- We believe in Miracles and Education can make them happen..
- We believe in students who score 100% but we also believe that there who score less can also succeed in life..
- We believe that Education is more than just book, building & curriculum.
- We believe in making the students responsible citizens of our Nation.
- We believe in Excellent Education.
- The rapid industrial development and creation of infrastructure has awakened the people of this U.T. mainly the Tribals.
- They are conscious to take full advantage of the educational facilities provided by the U. T. Administration and SSR Memorial Trust, Sayli, Silvassa.
- Looking at the thrust of the people for education, the Trust plans to expand the existing institutions under the Trust.
SSR College of Campus Sayli Road, Silvassa – 396 230 (UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli)